The Shipping Registers of Ukraine and Poland signed a joint cooperation agreement.
The solemn signing of the agreement on cooperation between the Shipping Registers of Ukraine and Poland took place in Gdańsk, the head of the Shipping Administration Yevhenii Ignatenko said.
Cooperation will take place in the following areas:
- Promotional Ads -
• certification of materials and components;
• assessment and verification of EU Directives;
• certification of management systems;
• development of scientific and technical standards for sea vessels, inland navigation vessels and small vessels;
• research and development of technical standards for high-tech vessels;
• training and practical training of personnel.
The document was signed by the heads of the respective enterprises. The parties also agreed on the possibility of training inspectors during the construction of new ships at Polish shipyards.
According to Serhii Gurskyi, Director General of the Ukrainian Shipping Register, the shipping and shipbuilding industry is one of the most affected by the war. In particular, the signed agreement is one of the steps on the way to Ukraine joining the IACS (International Association of Classification Societies).
USM previously announced that the Shipping Register would collaborate with the National Antarctic Science Center. As part of the cooperation, research is planned on board the icebreaker “Noosfera”.
Source: Ukrainian Shipping Magazine