HEMEXPO – Hellenic Marine Gear Producers and Exports – a number one suppliers and exporters affiliation for the worldwide transport trade has turn into a member of the WATERBORNE Expertise Platform (TP), the most important technological cooperation platform in Europe for points associated to the maritime financial system.
WATERBORNE TP goals to interact all related events within the European maritime trade and make sure that, whereas nationwide insurance policies differ in line with specific challenges, efficient mechanisms are developed to allow collaboration between EU and EEA stakeholders.
As a member of WATERBORNE TP, HEMEXPO can have the chance to take part in and contribute to the dialogue between members of the European transport neighborhood concerning the challenges going through the trade. Analysis and Improvement is a key focus for HEMEXPO, significantly within the space of sustainable applied sciences, and membership of WATERBORNE TP will allow HEMEXPO members to develop merchandise according to particular trade wants and take part in European applications that can finance such tasks.
HEMEXPO President, Eleni Polychronopoulou, mentioned: “Europe is making efforts to turn into a world chief within the growth of a wider inexperienced maritime financial system. The Waterborne TP platform is a strategically essential software for researching and growing options to attain these objectives. With this in thoughts, HEMEXPO determined it was essential to step-up and actively contribute to shaping the long run for the European maritime gear trade.”
Members of WATERBORNE TP embody ship homeowners, classification societies, shipyards, maritime gear producers, infrastructure and repair suppliers, universities and analysis institutes and the EU establishments, together with the Member States. Its strategic goals embody:
- Establishing a steady dialogue between all stakeholders within the maritime transport sector and all associated sectors on R&D
- Contributing to the widest potential consensus on R&D and to focusing efforts and sources
- Growing a typical medium- and long-term R&D Imaginative and prescient and Strategic Analysis Agenda (SRA)
- Contributing to the suitable mobilisation and allocation of the mandatory monetary sources (non-public/regional/nationwide/European sources)
- Contributing to social expectations for clear, aggressive and protected maritime transport, together with training and coaching.