project44, the main provide chain visibility platform, at this time introduced its acquisition of Potsdam-based Synfioo, supplier of probably the most complete visibility and ETA platform for rail freight knowledge in Europe. Via this deal, project44 has additionally prolonged its barge visibility for inland waterway segments throughout the continent.
Synfioo’s visibility and ETA capabilities are a pure addition to project44’s multi-modal visibility platform utilized by main shippers, LSPs and carriers. With Synfioo, project44 will present clients with unrivalled end-to-end knowledge to facilitate quicker on-time deliveries and extra correct ETAs, in addition to low-carbon rail and barge delivery in Europe.
Market-leading rail freight visibility
“Europe’s rail infrastructure was developed almost 200 years in the past and was not constructed for the cross-border commerce that exists at this time,” mentioned Marian Pufahl, former CEO & co-Founding father of Synfioo. “Our platform brings collectively a proprietary infrastructure community and freight forwarder data to supply probably the most complete rail freight knowledge for Europe. Now as project44, we are going to proceed to drive knowledge harmonisation between the assorted rail networks and supply unrivalled visibility to our clients.”
- Advertisement -
Via the acquisition, project44’s European rail community now gives the next capabilities:
- Complete visibility of all cargo rail actions throughout European nations
- IoT-enabled rail monitoring mixed with proprietary knowledge, and direct integration to all of Europe’s rail infrastructure networks for granular visibility
- Visibility of over 99% of European rail quantity, together with wagon-level monitoring for 90% of rail vehicles, to make sure visibility for each buyer cargo
- Intermodal end-to-end rail knowledge mixed with machine studying algorithms providing probably the most exact rail journey ETAs and buyer supply instances
- Enhanced barge visibility project44 has additionally enhanced its barge visibility capabilities as a part of this acquisition, to offer granular, correct visibility of significant inland waterway segments throughout Europe. Prospects can now harness specialised knowledge science strategies, mixed with real-time satellite tv for pc monitoring, to make sure probably the most correct visibility of inland waterways.
Key options embrace:
- Clever asset-matching know-how which extends visibility protection, utilizing knowledge science-based strategies to trace particular person barges in real-time, with out requiring conventional figuring out data
- Dynamic routing fashions that supply correct ETAs, in addition to intermodal end-to-end actions that embrace barge segments
- Subtle water depth modelling and inland waterway knowledge sources which allow carriers to evaluate load capability, maximise on-time deliveries and keep away from delays for shippers and LSPs
- “By buying Synfioo, we’ve not solely expanded the breadth and depth of our visibility platform, but in addition added European tech expertise and experience to our quickly rising worldwide group, which is now nicely over 400 distinctive group members,” mentioned Renaud-Houri, EVP Worldwide at project44. “Shippers, LSPs and carriers aren’t alone in navigating the complicated European market, with project44’s platform making it simpler than ever to enhance ETAs, cut back prices, maximise on-time deliveries and mitigate bottlenecks. Most significantly, this degree of visibility will assist extra firms to harness sustainable, low-carbon rail and barge delivery, which can play an important position in serving to Europe meet its net-zero ambitions.”
What Our Prospects Say
“We began our journey with project44 in 2021 to assist us ship world visibility and enhance the accuracy of our ETAs. This data is crucial to our buyer dedication of responsive logistics,” mentioned Xavier Bour, International Floor & Rail Chief at CEVA Logistics. “With rail transportation representing a essential a part of our world community and our sustainability technique, enhanced capabilities and rail protection would additional assist CEVA and our clients obtain our objectives.”